Wayne Kopping, the director of “The Third Jihad”, responds to attempts by terror-linked groups to delegitimize the documentary which exposes the subversive activities of radical Islamic groups such as CAIR.
Protecting Western Values From Encroaching Sharia
Research – Activism – Community Outreach – Support of Moderate Muslims
A Project of the Middle East Forum
Islamist Watch is devoted to unveiling and combating “Lawful Islamists” who exploit our Constitutional freedoms to incrementally and non-violently undermine American and Western values while imposing aspects of Sharia law, creating special rights for Muslims, preventing criticism of Islamists, intimidating moderate Muslims, depriving women and non-Muslims of their civil and Constitutional rights, and creating “no-go” autonomous zones within the United States and other Western countries.
Lawful Islamism is a radical and supremacist interpretation of Islam that seeks to destroy Western society from within — culturally and politically rather than violently. Methodically and patiently. With words not bullets. Activism not bombs.
The goals of Lawful Islamists and Islamic terrorists are the same. Only their methods differ.
Islamism in the News: 01/31/12 – 02/14/12:
- “US Muslim man pleads guilty to threatening TV Show,” by James Vicini. Reuters, February 9, 2012. (A South Park episode on Comedy Central featured Mohammad in a bear suit, an offense punishable by death under Sharia law.)
- “After the Oslo Massacre, an Assault on Free Speech,” by Bruce Bawer. Wall Street Journal, February 7, 2012. (For those lacking a WSJ subscription, most of the article can be viewed here. Mr. Bawer concludes: “Islam’s rise in the West is a subject that needs to be discussed frankly, without euphemism or disinformation. The survival of secular democracy, individual liberty and women’s rights depends upon it.”)
Law Enforcement and Free Speech
- “Shariah’s Police?” By Frank Gaffney, Jr. Center for Security Policy. February 13, 2012. (After a Saudi columnist was accused of apostasy for criticizing Mohammed, he was hunted down and arrested by Interpol in Malaysia, then returned to Saudi Arabia to face certain death. President Obama has signed an executive order granting Interpol immunity from the restraints of American law. What could go wrong?)
- For more on this story, see “Have you heard about the Saudi journalist who faces a potential death sentence under Sharia,” by Andrew C. McCarthy. National Review’s The Corner, February 14, 2012. (Where’s the moral outrage? Where’s the media coverage? Why are liberal-minded people of conscious suddenly silent when it comes to outrages perpetrated in the name of Islam?)
- Video: “Anatomy of a Smear: The Third Jihad Fights back.” (Wayne Kopping, director of “The Third Jihad“, responds to attempts by terror-linked groups to delegitimize the documentary which exposes the subversive activities of radical Islamic groups such as CAIR. Islamist groups and their liberal allies in the media forced the NYPD to remove the video from counter-terrorist training.) (Hat Tip: Israel Matzav, prolific blogger on all things Israel and the Middle East.)
Exploiting Democratic Freedoms to Undermine Western Values
- “Party Like It’s A.D. 632,” by Bruce Bawer. FrontPage Magazine, February 10, 2012. (The Party for Muslim Netherlands, which already enjoys a significant presence in various municipal governments, announced its intention to run candidates for the Dutch Parliament. The Party’s platform includes limiting “offensive” speech about religion; criminalizing blasphemy of Islam and the destruction of Islamic texts; immediate admission of Turkey to the EU; an end to support for Israel; and the free and unimpeded importation of Muslim brides from abroad.)
Imposition of Sharia on Civil Society
- “Muslims Declare Jihad on Dogs in Europe,” by Soeren Kern. Stonegate Institute, January 31, 2012. (A Dutch Muslim politician has called for a ban on dogs in The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands, following dozens of other Muslim vs. dog-related incidents in Europe.)
- “Banning Dogs as Pets,” by Bruce Bawer. FrontPage Magazine, February 7, 2012. (Dogs are becoming the canary in the mines when it comes to encroaching Sharia. When Islamists complain about dogs, it’s only the beginning of trouble.)
- See also, “Muslim Taxi Drivers vs. Seeing-Eye Dogs,” by Daniel Pipes. November 14, 2005, updated May 29, 2011.
American Laws for American Courts
- For an exhaustive study documenting cases where Sharia law has been applied in American courts in conflict with the Constitution and public policy, please click here.
- “States Target Foreign Law,” by Ashby Jones and Joe Palazzolo. Wall Street Journal, February 7, 2012. (Twenty-one states are considering measures that would prohibit judges from applying foreign laws in American courtrooms which do not grant the parties the same fundamental liberties, rights and privileges granted under the Constitution.)
- “CAIR’s Fight Against Pennsylvania Foreign Law Bill,” by David J. Rusin. FrontPage Magazine. February 13, 2012. (Islamist Watch Fellow David J. Rusin exposes the rank dishonesty and jihadist objectives of ALAC opponents.)
CAIR: Whitewashing Islam
- “Of Mosques and Men.” The Investigative Project on Terrorism, February 7, 2012. (CAIR hosts an event to clear up “misconceptions about Islam, and Islam’s condemnation of terrorism,” at a Florida mosque named for Hamas terror hero Izzedin al-Qassam.)
CAIR: Islamist Intimidation
- “CAIR Defends Muslim Football Players Who Assaulted Quarterback Saying Charges Based on Racism,” by Matt Lacy. Greeley Gazette, February 7, 2012. (The Islamist group CAIR continues to insist on a separate and unequal system of laws for Muslims in America – even in football. If the victim, who suffered a third grade concussion, had been Muslim rather than the attackers, CAIR would certainly have screamed ‘hate crime.’)
See the football assault video here. Police said the attackers ripped off the victim’s helmet, threw him to the ground and punched and kicked him repeatedly.
- “Radical Muslims target young inmates in prison,” by Martin Evans and Duncan Gardham. The Telegraph, February 6, 2012. (Rehabilitation or radicalization? A nine-month inquiry by the UK Home Affairs Select Committee into the Roots of Violent Radicalization found that, in some cases, inmates were being persuaded to carry out suicide missions within days of entering prison.)
The Lawful Islamist “is the polite collector you pay in the hope that the leg-breaker won’t be next at your doorstep. And even as he sneers in his nice suit at the leg-breaker’s crudity, you somehow know all your money is going to the same place.” — Andrew C. McCarthy, The Grand Jihad, p.14